Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A little shock therapy...

I now know what the feeling must be like when one is shocked by say, lightening.  Although for me it was central only to my left shoulder, trap, rhomboid, tricep, down the arm, through the hand, digits, and out the tips of my fingers, nonetheless, it was wild.  There was a definite "oh shit" moment when the cervical epidural needle hit my nerve yet, when the electricity ceased (and the pain subsided) it was actually somewhat cool. 

The doc used the epidural to inject a steroid (a rather warming sensation ran through) into my c6 and c7 which are being lambasted at the moment with treatments all in an effort to avoid what seems the inevitable; surgery. 

Use of the word inevitable is not negatively thought of in my circumstance because, if in fact the surgery will stop my growing neck, shoulder, arm, nerve pain - then I welcome it.  My optimistic plan, finish my novel during the forced recovery time.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Great description of your experience! Hope you have found relief from your pain and have the time to work on your novel.

    ReplyDelete